With so many things to see and do, wonderful people to meet, and fabulous weather all year-round, it’s no wonder that Belize is rapidly becoming one of the hottest vacation destinations in the world.
Below are 10 things you must do during your next trip to Belize:
- Visit Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave – Left undisturbed for more than 1,000 years ago, Actun Tunichil Muknal or the Belize ATM Cave is a treasure trove of Maya artifacts, ceramics, ceremonial blades, and the remains of sacrificial victims. It is also rated as one of the top caves to visit in Belize.
- Explore Xunantunich Mayan Ruins – In 2016, a team of archaeologists uncovered one of the largest royal Maya tombs ever discovered in the ruins of the ancient city of Xunantunich. Today, visitors can watch this important excavation unfold underneath the main temple.
- Snorkel the Belize Barrier Reef – Even beginning swimmers can enjoy marveling at the kaleidoscope of colors in the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean up and down the length of the world’s second largest coral barrier reef.< /li>
- Hike the Belize Rainforest – Howler monkeys, huge iguanas, tapirs, and jaguars are just some of the animals you might get a chance to see while hiking through Belize’s many pristine rainforests and jungles.
- Scuba Dive the Belize Barrier Reef – Get your certification and strap on your gear to explore the enormously diverse panoply of marine fauna and flora that call the Belize Barrier Reef home.
- Go Bird Watching – Hundreds of species of birds adorn the tree tops of the forests and jungles of Belize, making the country an ideal spot to view avian species at their finest.
- Stay at a Jungle Resort – Skip the boring hotel and try a lodge like Belize Adventure Inc., a solar-powered off the grid located in a gorgeous niche at the foothills of the Maya Mountains in the Cayo District.
- Try Belizean Food – The cultural melting pot of Belizean society means the cuisine here has something for everyone. Try traditional favorites like fry jacks, spicy tamales, and savory cassava bread or try something more adventurous like the “royal rat” and seaweed shakes.
- Hang Out With Locals – Belizeans are famous for their easygoing nature, hospitality, and friendliness. You’ll always be made to feel right at home in Belize.
- Visit an Island – Close your eyes and imagine the perfect tropical island. White sand, transparent blue water, and palm trees gently swaying in the breeze. Belize has hundreds of islands that are picture postcards come to life, including Caye Caulker, Southwater Caye, and Ambergris Caye.
For more information about Belize or Belize Adventure Inc, please email email@example.com. We’d love to help you plan your Belize vacation.